Join us on our mission to create the highest quality custom wiring harnesses while providing exceptional customer service.
The Builder assembles open bundle wireharnesses and junction boxes to blue prints and specifications. The Builder must stay in constant communication with the Supervisor or Lead to stay current with the build schedules needed to satisfy customer deadlines. The Builder will perform his or her duties in accordance with ISO procedures and quality standards.
- Check all wires for proper length, print, and terminals.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department Supervisor.
- Assemble wire harnesses and junction boxes to blueprints and specifications.
- Install electrical connectors, pins, and contacts.
- Conduct continuity and resistance testing.
- Monitor the jigs for needed repairs.
- Repair harnesses if there are any mistakes.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow the prescribed safety regulations.
- Use tools correctly according to the demonstrated procedures.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- In addition to the above, the duties of this position include such other responsibilities and tasks as are traditionally associated with this position, or that may be assigned to this position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Refer to the Employee Manual for information about compensation and benefits.
- Monday- Friday, 7:00 – 3:30; mandatory overtime may be assigned.
- Minimum of high school education of GED.
- 6 months of related manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be able to read specifications and interpret, and use documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must possess the interpersonal communication skills needed to work with other teams or production areas.
- Ability to apply concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measuring, and use of fractions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Capable of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced.
- Skill in using hand tools preferred.
- Must have ability to read small print on various connectors and to distinguish subtle colors.
- Must have fine motor skills for handling small parts.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing theduties of this job, the employee is required stand, bend, stoop,and lift for 90% of th day. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, hold, and/or move up to 15 pounds. Whenlifting and/or moving 30 pounds or more, employees are required to use good judgment and ask for assistance. The employee will engage in repetitive, forceful hand and wrist exertions. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may work at different workstations as production needs require or shift from one station to another during the assembly process. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, in some instances, this job may require work in areas where respirators, back braces, ear protection, safety goggles, aprons, and gloves are necessary.