Join us on our mission to create the highest quality custom wiring harnesses while providing exceptional customer service.
JOB OVERVIEWThis position will design and develop electrical wire harnesses using customer supplied design details and drawings. Is responsible for engineering standards to ensure the company products comply with all relevant industry and customer specifications and is us responsible for the manufacturability of the products we produce.
Develop quotes and engineering packages for electrical wire harnesses using customer supplied drawings and specifications. This includes:
- Sourcing parts for lead times and cost.
- Interface with the customer to resolve questions and issues.
- Develop form boards and production engineering tools to ensure accurate manufacturability of the harness. Level of detail will depend upon quantity need and if the project is for prototypes or full production runs.
- Accurately estimate labor required to build the harnesses in the quantities requested.
- Work with leadership to develop pricing and lead time response for each project
Analyze customer specifications to ensure they meet applicable regulations and engineering standards.
Make revision recommendations to customers where needed but ultimately follows customer designs, specifications and direction.
Be the technical leader for the Engineering Tech Team to maintain consistent standards and practices.
Maintain up to date understanding of all relevant WHMA and ABYC/Marine standards. Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals and reviewing of industry publications
Work with quality control and training to create / update training materials to ensure engineering staff are knowledgeable.
Manage engineering, build and deliver schedules for all assigned prototype and fast turn projects. Provide status updates regularly to leadership and customer.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Read and analyze customer supplied drawings.
- Concentration to keep track of several design elements and technical characteristics when designing and developing electronic products and components.
- Initiative and drive to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
- Interpersonal skills to work well within a team environment during the manufacturing process to ensure plans are correctly implemented.
- Speaking skills to clearly explain their reasoning and designs to provide instructions during development and production.
- Writing skills to develop technical publications, including design methods documents, product proposals, parts lists, etc.
- Allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates and monitor their performance.
- Ensure top performance of the team by providing them adequate coaching and guidance
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering technology, electronics engineering, electrical engineering or a related engineering field and 5 years relevant experience. Or Equivalent
- Specific experience in Electrical Wire Harness design is highly desired.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office (especially VISEO & Excel)
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, about the facility.
MNStar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.